Being a Company Limited by Guarantee and not having a Share Capital, a lot of the rules are legal requirements so below are a few of the more relevant ones and any new member will be issued with a full list upon acceptance.
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
1. The name of the Company is Spalding and District Wildfowlers Association Limited.
2. The Registered Office of the Company will be situate in England and Wales.
3. The objects for which the Company is established are:
a) To provide wildfowling and other forms of shooting for the membership.
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
1. The Company shall be affiliated to the British Association for Shooting and Conservation.
2. The maximum number of members of the Company is 200, of whom not more than 10% shall be junior members, but the Officers may from time to time register and increase the number of members.
OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
3. Members shall receive a marsh warden card, a copy of the current rules of SDWA Ltd, SLWC, HDWA and the Dawsmere Group and will agree to abide by them.
4. Members shall submit a shooting record to the Company at the end of each season. Members who do not submit a shooting record may be expelled from the Company or other disciplinary action taken.
5. Members may not take more than ten birds per flight. A flight is from midnight to midday and midday to midnight. The General Committee may at its discretion amend the bag limit at any time in order to limit the number of any species that may be taken.
6. Members must carry their marsh warden card at all times whilst shooting over land controlled by the Company or neighbouring wildfowling clubs and shall produce their warden card on request by other members, members of the Constabulary, land owners or their duly authorised agents.
7. It is forbidden for any member to carry shotgun cartridges containing lead shot on any marshes or wetlands over which Spalding Wildfowlers have shooting rights or permission to shoot.
8. Members are responsible for any and all damage caused by either themselves or their dogs whilst shooting.
9. Members may not use rifles for wildfowling on the Company's marshes.
10. No member, at any time, shall invite a guest or guests to shoot on the marshes without first obtaining a one day membership permit.
11. A member shall give no statement to the media unless approved by the General Committee.
12. Members may not shoot game or any ground game on the Company's marshes.
13. Members must not shoot from the mud which lies beyond the seaward edge of the saltmarsh.
14. All members must submit a copy of their current, valid shotgun certificate, where applicable, at renewal or before membership is accepted and cards issued.
15. The General Committee may expel, suspend or otherwise discipline any member for conduct that it considers to be against the best interests of the Company or the sport of wildfowling. The decision of the General Committee shall be final and BASC shall be notified of any expulsion.
© Copyright 2016 Spalding & District Wildfowlers Association Ltd. All rights reserved
Spalding and District Wildfowlers Association Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with a company number 4490735
The registered office is 41 Churchill Drive, Spalding, Lincs PE11 2RL